In the last two years, Fujifilm’s Bedford Manufacturing Plant has reduced greenhouse gas emission and reduced its carbon footprint by 10%
FUJIFILM Recording Media U.S.A., Inc. installed 1,870 solar panels at our Bedford, MA manufacturing facility.
The Fujifilm Bedford Solar array has produced 1,864,0455 kWH since the interconnection in November 2013. To put this into perspective the average home uses 638 kWH per month so the energy we produced so far would power 2,922 homes an entire month! The production of this solar energy offsets the use of 169,000 gallons of gasoline and has also eliminated the production of 1,148 tons of CO2 emissions.
50 Years Driving Big Impacts for Customers and Our Communities
Commitment to Sustainability
of CO2 Emission
We are Committed to Sustainable Packing Solutions
Our Pallets are Accredited by the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC® C112029)
Our pallet vendor is accredited by the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC® C112029). That means they are required to practice sustainability by doing the following:
- Protecting our water quality
- Prohibiting highly hazardous chemicals
- Preventing loss of natural forest cover
- Limiting clear-cuts to protect forest ecology
- Protecting high conservation value forests
- Protecting customary rights of indigenous people and local communities
- Governing in a democratic and transparent way
Our Insert Cards are Made Using Soy Ink to Help Protect the Environment
Our Fujifilm Ultrium P-Case insert cards are made using Soy Ink to help protect the environment.
- Soy is less costly to grow than other alternatives
- Soy Ink is biodegradable
- Less Soy Ink is required for the same amount of print outs
- Soy Ink is easier to remove when recycled
- Soy Ink is renewable
Our Plastic is Now Better for the Environment
What makes the plastic we use in our library packs better?
- Our new DPET plastic requires at least 20% less energy to produce, reducing our carbon footprint
- Due to lower energy use there is a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions
What makes buying library packs vs. P-Cases even better?
- Purchasing library packs eliminate 80% of landfill waste by weight compared to P-Case configuration
- Library packs are made from recyclable material. FUJIFILM Recording Media U.S.A., Bedford plant will even recycle them for you
- Our library packs allow for quicker access to the tape cartridges
We are Committed to Helping Data Centers Realize Efficiencies and Cost Reductions
Tape Uses Significantly Less Energy Than Disk
When comparing the number of megawatt hours consumed:
Average Total MWHs for Disk: 5053
Average Total MWHs for Tape: 67
The average cost of energy for disk solutions is about 76 times the average consumption of tape solutions!*
The energy requirements to keep disk operating correctly can be very costly – just think how much cooling is needed to keep a data center running. Tape doesn’t need sophisticated warehouses to keep it safe and requires far less energy to operate.
*According to a study by The Clipper Group, comparing the average cost for disk and tape used for archiving over 9 years.
Our Products are Made in the United States to Better Serve our Customers
That’s right, our tape cartridges are manufactured right here in the USA to guarantee the best quality and better serve the local market. When you purchase from FUJIFILM Recording Media U.S.A., Inc. you are helping our economy in so many ways! Not only are our products made in the USA, but so is the packaging it’s shipped in.
On behalf of FUJIFILM Recording Media U.S.A., Inc., I am pleased to let you know about our corporate commitment to social responsibility. At FUJIFILM Recording Media, one of our primary corporate goals is to enhance the quality of life for people worldwide, and our initiatives play an important role in that effort to preserve the surroundings in which we work and live.